Kristofer W. Biorn is a shareholder in Crist | Biorn | Shepherd | Roskoph APC, a law firm specializing in trusts and estates since 1927. Mr. Biorn specializes in litigation related to trusts, estates, fiduciaries and elder abuse. These disputes involve will and trust contests, elder abuse, fiduciary accounting, fiduciary removal and surcharge, breach of fiduciary duty, constructive and resulting trusts, interpretation of testamentary instruments, creditor claims, conservatorships, guardianships and appeals. Mr. Biorn handles every stage of litigation, including pre lawsuit negotiations, discovery, motions, settlement negotiations, mediations, trials and appeals. Mr. Biorn has substantial trial experience. He has served as the judicial liaison for the Silicon Valley Bar Association to the Probate Department of the San Mateo County Superior Court.
Mr. Biorn was born and raised in Palo Alto, California. He obtained his undergraduate degree from Duke University in 1987 and his law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 1992. He served as an extern law clerk to the Hon. Eugene F. Lynch, judge of the federal district court for Northern California. Mr. Biorn currently serves on the Board of Directors of Avidbank, a publicly traded financial institution.
· J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1992
· B.A., Duke University, 1987
· Martindale-Hubbell, “AV” rated by peers - "highest level of professional excellence"
· SuperLawers - Northern California, Estate and Trust Litigation
· "San Francisco’s Top AV-Rated Lawyers" (by Martindale-Hubbell)
· “Top Rated Lawyers in Trusts & Estates” (by Martindale-Hubbell)
· Co-author, “Litigation Tools: An Overview,” California Trust and Probate Litigation (CEB)
· Presenter at numerous Trust and Estate Litigation seminars
· State Bar of California and is admitted to practice law in all Superior Courts of California, all Appellate Courts of California, the Supreme Court of California, all of the federal district courts in California and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
· Silicon Valley Bar Association
· Palo Alto Bar Association
· American Bar Association
· San Mateo County Bar Association
· Avidbank, member of Board of Directors
· Palo Alto Family YMCA, four-term member of the Board of Directors, most recently serving as chairman of its board